Our Mission Statement
The Leocenis Center is guided by the principles of our founder, Leocenis Garcia. Fundamentally committed to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. Leocenis Center seeks to prevent and combat poverty, promote economic freedom, democracy and improve health:
- PThe Center believes that people can improve their own lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge and access to resources.
- PThe Center emphasizes action and measurable results in the lives of the people it seeks to help.
- PThe Center values the courage to break new ground, fill gaps and address the most difficult problems in the most difficult situations.
- PThe Center recognizes that solving poverty requires careful analysis, relentless persistence, and the recognition that poverty is defeatable.
- PThe Center is non-partisan and seeks to work collaboratively with other organizations from the highest levels of government to local communities.